Hello AiP members and friends,
I hope everyone is doing well and is preparing for what feels like is going to be a busy year end. It is hard to believe it has been five months since the conference and three months since I took on the role of AiP Board President. Todd Fithian has been a great leader and I hope I can continue us on the great path he has been setting for the past two years.
· Membership is up 16% from this time last year
· New Bay Area Chapter is going strong – which brings AiP up to 5 Chapters with potentially two more starting in the near future
· Our media partner, Trust & Estates is offering AIP members a deep discount on a one year subscription - Only $149 (Regularly $428). Visit the Members Only section on the AiP website to take advantage.
· Conference on Philanthropy 2017 will be April 19-21 at the Westin South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA. Registration will open in November, and we are accepting speaker proposals thru October 31st and sponsorship opportunities are also available.
· Our new Knowledge Center is launching soon. If you would like to contribute a published work (model, sample materials or educational article, etc.) please email the AiP Office.
· We are actively seeking new board members for the 2017/2018 board year. Please reach out to myself or any of our other Board members with any questions.
I am extremely excited about our continued growth and prospective collaborations that are in the works. We have some great topics lined up for our webinars through the end of this year and well into next year. Our conference committee is doing an amazing job on the 2017 conference and we hope to share some of the amazing speakers with you soon. All of this could not be accomplished without our stellar board and committee members.
A great team always looks for ways to create continuous improvement. Your thoughts, participation and feedback are vital to that process. I hope you will continue to support us as we strive to give you the best education, support and collaboration to increase your role as a trusted Advisor in Philanthropy.
Always AiP proud,
Laura J. Malone, CAP®, CEPA
AiP Board President